Actually it was yesterday, but I'm sure he'll forgive me for being a day late.As I mentioned in a previous post, Jon graduated from the Police Academy last week and is now posted in BC.
I met Jon a little over 6 years ago when we worked together at Content Alive (aka Provinent). We got to know each other during our Friday pilgrimages to the Capital patio (and sometimes Dooly's. Those were the good old days when the entire patio was full of Content Alive people. It never failed that someone would be "the drunkest person" of the night and would thus be the source of hours of endless ridicule.
Although we never worked in the same department or on the same projects, we got to know each other while playing co-ed softball (he has the sexiest ripped trackpants I've ever seen), ultimate frisbee, and beach/indoor volleyball (go Team Ramrod). But where our friendship really blossomed was during our lunchhour card games. That's where him and the boys taught me cut-throat 45's (they called it another name but I can't remember it right now). Good times!
There were also the company events where we would constantly make fun of each other and anyone else who might have been in close proximity. But in a good way, of course. Alot of friendships were made during my tenure at the company and I'm very lucky that alot of those friendships have continued. Even though alot of us went on to other jobs and/or moved to other cities, we usually always managed to get together and have a few drinks, play a few hands of cards and have alot of laughs! Even though he's on the other side of the country, he's getting a little dose of Maritime weather. While BC was buried in snow, we enjoyed a balmy 15 degrees yesterday here in good 'ol Freddy.
Be safe out there Jon, take care of Tara, Kylie and the streets of BC. Keep me updated on the concert listings, you never know I might get out to your neck of the woods someday :) The next time you're home Brian and I will take you out dancing and I heard a rumour that Brian has an open tab on girlie drinks!! Miss ya buddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment