Well Cindy and I headed up to the mall yesterday afternoon for a bit of shopping and maybe a bite to eat. On our way by the theaters, we throw out the idea of checking out a flick. So we checked out the next showing for The Departed. At the time, it was 3:15...the movie started at 3:10. The clerks say, "it's still in previews, you have time". So we look at each other, pondering could we do something so spontaneous?! Usually we're there 20 mintues before the movie starts so that we can get the best, most comfortable seats, settle in with our treats and discuss from the previews we've seen which movies we'll spend our money to see. So we decide to head in to see the movie. But first we have to get some treats.
While asking the concession guy what kind of popcorn seasoning he has, a female voice behind me utters "that stuff isn't good for you, it's full of..." (blabbedy-blah-blah crap) and on and on... At first I ignored her, but she kept going on and on. I'm getting annoyed at this point, I look at Cindy and then turn around to see who this busy-body is. Turns out that it's a girl that I grew up with. Lana Thompson. Or was it Lori?! They're twins and the only time I can tell them apart is when they're standing side by side. I should've known...We chuckled for a bit and then rushed in to catch the movie. The movie had already started and the comfortable seats were already taken. It wasn't overly packed, which was good, but we had to sit a little bit closer to the screen than we would have liked. Oh well, it's all irrelevant at this point, on to the review...
With a cast consisting of Jack Nicholson, Leo DiCaprio (yum), Mark Wahlberg (yum, even with the cheesy haircut), Matt Damon, Martin Sheen, Alec Baldwin, and with Martin Scorsese as the director, how could you go wrong?! Well you can't. So the movie itself was great. But Jack and Leo's performances were spectacular, captivating if you will. They are so, so good. Jack plays the role of tyrant so naturally and Leo's role of tortured paranoia is second to none. There is quite a bit of gun violence and blood, so if you don't like that kind of thing, this might not be the movie for you.
I would definitely recommend seeing this movie. There aren't many good ones out there anymore. At least not too many that deserve the money spent to see it. But I'd probably pay the full fare to see it...it would be just for the eye candy alone. Apparently there was a sex scene too...that I missed while I was emptying my bladder. Grrr, I hate having a small bladder. Should be interesting to see what I'm like when I ever get pregnant.
Check out the trailer...
Departing...
Footnote 1: To the "24" fans out there, Chase has a role in this movie (Barrigan), although his hair is a bit darker. And also...Mark and Donnie Walhberg's brother Robert appears in this film. He plays the role of Lazio.
Sunday, October 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment